Summer is right around the corner, bringing intense heat. Your customers will appreciate refreshing cool air when they step into your business… unless your HVAC system isn’t functioning properly! It’s important to check your commercial HVAC in Eugene, OR before it’s too late. Be sure to prepare your commercial HVAC system for summer with these few tips.
Steps for preparing your commercial HVAC system
Getting your commercial HVAC system ready for the heat is easy and can be done in a few simple steps. Getting the system ready in advance will also give you plenty of time to get it repaired if something is malfunctioning. Be sure to do each of the following things before you turn on your system for summer:
- Clean condenser coils: The first thing you should do is clean the condenser coils, which will make it easier for the unit to remove heat from the air and keep your unit working in top shape. Also check for leaves or debris around the outdoor unit and clear the space to make sure there are no buildups.
- Clean or replace air filters: Air filters should be checked to make sure they are clean and not dirty or clogged. Dirty air filters can make your HVAC system less efficient and increase energy costs, so it’s in your best interest to clean or replace them regularly.
- Check ductwork: Check your commercial HVAC system’s ductwork to make sure there aren’t any holes or leaks that could prevent airflow. This is also a good time to clean the ducts and airways of any dust or dirt buildup so the air you are pumping is clean and free of contaminants.
- Check thermostat controls: Before you turn on your HVAC system, make sure that the thermostat batteries are changed and that the controls are working properly. A malfunctioning thermostat can result in uncomfortable temperature changes and higher costs.
- Test the unit: After everything has been checked and cleaned, turn on your HVAC system and give it a chance to run. Check for proper temperatures and airflow from vents and listen for any strange noises. If anything seems amiss, contact a repair service to identify and fix the problem.
- Schedule routine maintenance: Finally, you should schedule routine maintenance for your commercial HVAC in Eugene, OR to make sure that your system runs properly all summer long. Call a professional HVAC company for a routine check on your system.
Preparing your commercial HVAC for the summer heat is easy and quick to do, and will save you a lot of time and money later if something is broken. Don’t get stuck with blistering temperatures in your business this summer. Get your HVAC system up and running early with these few simple steps.
Contact American Refrigeration Inc. for maintenance or repairs on your commercial HVAC in Eugene, OR. Our skilled professionals have been serving clients in the heating, cooling and ventilation industry for over 20 years, offering HVAC installation and repair services and other specialty and refrigeration services. Call us today!