Walk-in coolers are highly advantageous for any business that either specializes in food service or needs to store a lot of food at any given time. They are available for many types of businesses, and provide the following benefits:
- Plenty of storage space: Perhaps the biggest advantage of using a commercial walk-in cooler in Eugene, OR is the large amount of interior space it provides. When storing perishable foods on a large scale, you need plenty of space to keep them all from going bad. Walk-in coolers are very large, especially compared to other options such as dedicated freezers. You can get them in sizes ranging from 15 cubic feet to more than 400,000 square feet—entire cooled warehouses for you to store your perishables. You can assume that a single cubic foot of storage space in a walk-in cooler will accommodate about 28 pounds of solid food products.
- Financial savings: A truly effective walk-in cooler can save you a lot of money, not just on your electricity bill, but also with your food, because it will keep it preserved for a long period of time. Therefore, any business looking to trim costs in as many areas as possible would do well to look into purchasing a commercial walk-in cooler of its own.
- Technology: Walk-in coolers have evolved just as many other types of technology have in the last several decades. Today’s walk-in coolers are equipped with Bluetooth technology, which means you can be notified on your smartphone or other device any time the temperature goes outside of its settings. This means you’ll be alerted to problems immediately, which can help you save money on repairs as you’ll correct the issue before it becomes severe. In addition, many walk-in coolers now are outfitted with motion detectors to turn the lights on and off, which helps to reduce overall levels of power consumption.
- Power: Speaking of power, the amount of power behind a walk-in cooler is extremely impressive. Some walk-in freezers will use a large compressor to keep temperatures at -10 degrees Fahrenheit, others will use smaller horsepower compressors. But you can rest assured that your cooler will have the power you need to keep all your perishable food items reliably cold.
- Safety: Walk-in coolers have deadbolts on their doors and high-quality, heavy-duty hinges, which ensure their safety. In addition, they all have functionality to allow them to be opened from the inside, just in case someone accidentally shuts themselves in.
- Versatility: Walk-in coolers are very versatile in nature. For example, you can set the interior temperature range to your desired preferences—typically around 35 degrees for the cooler and -10 degrees for the freezer. You can establish your own footprint for the cooler layout, as well, based on the space you have available in your kitchen or storage area.
These are just a few of the biggest benefits associated with commercial walk-in coolers in Eugene, OR. Contact American Refrigeration Inc. today for more information about our services.