When your car has a flat, you know it’s time to get a new tire. When a light bulb blows, you know it’s time to change it. When your oven stops heating, you know it’s time to buy a new appliance. What about your commercial walk-in cooler in Eugene, OR? How can you know when it’s time to replace this piece of equipment?
Since this is a significant investment, it’s important to make the right call. Replacing a unit when simple repairs may suffice is a waste of resources. On the flip side, replacing it too late can cause inventory loss and damage to surrounding structures. Use this guide to determine when you should pull the trigger on this purchase:
- Frost buildup: Are you losing inventory to frostbite? Are your employees frequently scraping away ice buildup inside your commercial walk-in cooler in Eugene, OR? This frost is a sign that your freezer has leaks. Gaps in components or between panels allow air leaks, which cause excess moisture. A leaky unit should be replaced to ensure proper refrigeration.
- Regular leaks: Are you finding puddles or streams near your freezer? Water leaks can cause mold and mildew growth, ice accumulation, damage to surrounding structures and slip-and-fall hazards. Avoid health inspection issues and worker injury by replacing your leaky commercial walk-in cooler in Eugene, OR.
- Over-spoilage: Are you losing food to spoilage before its expiration date? This can result in a significant loss of inventory and add up to huge amounts of waste. If your products are spoiling before they should, this is a red flag that your freezer is not storing them properly. Rather than sink more money into spoiling inventory, replace your commercial walk-in cooler in Eugene, OR.
- Spikes in utilities: Are your utility bills creeping up? Your cooler may be operating inefficiently due to internal issues. The spike in utility bills is an indication that your thermostat could be broken or the motor is draining more energy than it should. If you don’t replace the cooler, your bills will likely continue to rise, and your unit will eventually fail.
- Temperature fluctuations: Your commercial walk-in cooler in Eugene, OR should be able to maintain consistent temperatures. If you notice that the unit is struggling to regulate the temperature, it might be time to replace it. First check to see if the cooler needs to be calibrated. If a recalibration does not solve the issue, consider investing in a new unit that can properly maintain cooling temperatures.
Partner with the Pros
Are you experiencing problems with your walk-in cooler in Eugene, OR? Don’t wait to investigate. You may be able to save your unit with some simple repairs. If not, it’s important to replace the unit before you suffer inventory loss or complete failure of your cooler. To keep your unit well maintained, partner with the professionals at American Refrigeration Inc. We’ve been serving the region with premier services since 1995. Our team specializes in walk-in coolers in Eugene, OR, and we offer 24/7 emergency repair. Reach out to us today!