A cold storage room can be an incredibly useful feature for a number of different industries and businesses, including restaurants, wineries and grocery stores. Cold storage rooms in Eugene, OR are mainly used to prevent food spoilage, especially fruits and vegetables. Here are some of the biggest benefits of having a cold storage room on your premises:
- Wide range of uses: Typically, cold storage is used for food and food prep businesses, but their applications can range from a cool place to store fruits and vegetables to an airtight, dehumidifying environment to a blast freezer. All you have to do is pick the temperature setting that works for your current needs, and your storage room will do the rest.
- Customizable sizes and settings: The best part about cold storage rooms is that they’re completely customizable, from the size you need to the refrigeration type. Whether you need refrigeration or a deep freezer, you’ll find the right option for you—and they come in both portable and stationary options.
- Free up food prep space: Whether at home or work, having enough usable food prep space is always a challenge. In a professional kitchen, cold storage is crucial to always having enough food on hand, but not clogging up the prep space while the chefs and/or cooks are trying to serve others. Inside coolers help, but they take up a lot of space and have a significant heat output. That can make already-boiling kitchens cross the line into completely unbearable. When you have a dedicated cold storage room, you’re saving space and energy in a lot of ways, including your own personal comfort.
- Have a backup: There will be times when your refrigerator or freezer will fail, or the power will go out, and that can result in the loss of products. An airtight cold storage room can help you store products until the power comes back on or your refrigerator is repaired, which will save money and time when you need it most.
- Save money: Similarly, food spoilage isn’t just wasteful on a resource level—it’s also expensive to replace. Cold storage rooms with moisture control allow your delicate produce to last longer, as well as extend the life of your bulk storage staples, like grains, flour and sugar. The cooler temperatures and lack of light are ideal for many different types of food storage. Between having backup refrigeration and never needing to risk food spoilage, your cold storage room will pay dividends.
Cold storage rooms in Eugene, OR
Ready to install your own custom cold storage room? Now that you know the benefits of having one, pick the best contractor and supplier to get the job done. American Refrigeration Inc. is Eugene’s top destination for honest and dependable commercial HVAC services. We handle installations, repairs and more for our commercial and industrial clients. If you need a cold storage room installed or repaired in Eugene, OR, we can help. Reach out to us today to learn more or schedule an appointment.