If it’s your first time purchasing a commercial ice machine, or you haven’t bought one in a long time, you might find it useful to learn some helpful tips about how to determine the right product for your needs.
Then, if you find that you require ice machine repair in Eugene, OR, contact the skilled team at American Refrigeration Inc. We’ll provide you with the best possible service at a competitive rate.
Before you worry about potential repairs, though, here are some factors to consider during your decision-making process:
- Ice output and production rate: This is the most important factor to consider when purchasing a commercial ice machine. You don’t want to end up with a piece of equipment that doesn’t produce enough ice to meet the demands of your business, so think through how much ice you need before you make a purchase.
- Available space: How much space will you have for your new ice machine to function to its fullest capacity? Take measurements as part of your decision-making process, and be sure to allow for additional space on the top, bottom and sides of the machine. If you don’t have a lot of space or want a more versatile option, consider an upright model, which will require less room and may offer more flexible placement locations.
- Electricity requirements: A commercial ice machine with a small output will likely require only the capacity for a 110V or 115V hookup, plus a water line. On the other hand, if you know that you will need a commercial ice machine with a higher output, you’ll likely require a 220V hookup and may have other specific electrical needs. Know what your electricity requirements are before hand so that you don’t find yourself scrambling to make electrical changes to your facility after ordering your equipment.
- Type of ice produced: Do you have a preference for the type of ice that your new ice machine will produce for your customers? Ice can come in cubes, partial cubes, crushed flakes or a variety of other consistencies. While cube ice and nugget ice are the types you likely want if beverages are your primary reason for needing to produce ice, you’ll want to think about the style of ice that makes the most sense for your business if you’ll be using ice in multiple ways.
- Filtered water preference: Some commercial ice machines come equipped with water filters. If you live in an area with hard water, it may be a logical decision to purchase an ice machine with a water filter, as without a water filter, impurities that can enter the ice machine or form inside may result in a shorter product life for your new purchase.
Now that you’re up to speed on what kind of questions to ask yourself when purchasing a commercial ice machine, it’s helpful to know where to turn for ice machine repair in Eugene, OR if your equipment malfunctions. The technicians at American Refrigeration Inc. offer high-quality commercial equipment repair and bring a wealth of knowledge to help keep your new purchase running as smoothly as possible. For any questions or for repair needs, contact us today.