While thinking about your HVAC system malfunctioning probably isn’t something you enjoy doing, it’s likely that, at some point, your equipment will need to be repaired or replaced. But how do you know if your commercial HVAC in Eugene, OR simply requires a repair, or if a replacement is in order?
Here are some considerations to keep in mind:
- High cost of repairs: Are issues with your HVAC system starting to result in repairs that cost more than 50 percent of the price of a new unit? If so, it’s probably a good time to look into a full system replacement to save yourself both money and headaches from additional repairs down the line.
- Performance of your current system: Does your unit make unusual noises more often than not? Do you notice that the air often feels dry or moist? Or maybe you find yourself frequently altering the temperature on your thermostat to maintain the appropriate level of heat or air. If you’ve been consistently experiencing one or more of these problems, a full replacement may be in order, as there may be damage to the ducts or insulation that no longer works properly.
- Increased cost of energy bills: Steady increases in your energy bills, especially over a period of time, could mean that your equipment has ceased to work as well as it should. Talk to an HVAC professional to find out whether a replacement for your system is the way to go.
- Age of your heating or cooling system: Furnaces tend to last between 15 and 20 years, while air conditioners and heat pumps can function for about 10 to 12 years. If any of your equipment is on the higher end of those ranges, it’s likely time to contemplate a replacement.
- Issues with your boiler’s exchanger: If you have a gas boiler, damage to its exchanger is a sign that you’ll need to replace the boiler. The exchanger is the part of your boiler that holds water, so you’ll be able to determine if the exchanger has become cracked because you’ll notice water on the floor underneath the boiler. In addition, if your business has experienced excessive flooding, your boiler may have also become damaged by water surrounding the exterior of the appliance. Another sign of a boiler in need of replacement is large amounts of rust that may have developed on the bottom of the unit.
- Problems with the evaporator coil: If an HVAC technician tells you that your system’s evaporator coil is leaking in multiple spots or is extremely corroded, these issues are significant enough that you’ll want to replace the unit.
After reading through this list, is it time to replace your commercial HVAC in Eugene, OR? Or maybe you determined that a repair is the most logical solution to the issue you’re experiencing.
Whether you’re in need of a repair or a replacement or want to talk with an expert in more detail, contact American Refrigeration Inc. today. We look forward to getting your heating or cooling system up and running!