Spring and summer are approaching, which means it’s almost time to crank up the air conditioner. As a restaurant or business owner, the last thing you want is to keep your customers sweating if your commercial HVAC were to fail. For those in the restaurant industry, this means wasted food and a loss of patrons as they head somewhere else in search of cooler temperatures.
One of the best ways to avoid these scenarios is to understand when to contact a professional for commercial HVAC repair in Eugene, OR. Read on for six tell-tale signs that your HVAC system is in need of service now:
- Excess moisture in the air: Inefficient cooling or heating can cause the humidity levels in any size building to increase drastically. Even if you can’t feel it, you can easily tell there’s something amiss if you’re noticing condensation on glass windows, tile flooring, doors or even a bar top. Over time, the moisture could even result in mold, which could be dangerous to the health of your patrons.
- Hot and cool spots: Are your employees constantly complaining about one room feeling colder than the rest? This may indicate that there’s a problem with the central air ducts and your HVAC system. An experienced HVAC repair specialist will be able to permanently fix the problem.
- Constantly having to adjust the thermostat: Nothing is more obnoxious than constantly adjusting the thermostat in an attempt to maintain a comfortable temperature. While it might not seem like a major problem, it may indicate that your HVAC system is seriously in need of maintenance.
- Presence of ice: Ice on an outdoor HVAC unit could lead to some serious problems. It could be caused by a variety of factors, including exposure to cold weather, poor airflow due to the accumulation of dust or even a refrigerant leak. Regardless, you’ll need the help of a professional to fix the problem and prevent any serious damage from occurring.
- Smell of gas: The smell of gas should always be a red flag that something is seriously wrong. Don’t take it lightly, as the scent could indicate that a dangerous gas, such as carbon monoxide, is leaking into your business. Breathing in the tainted air is incredibly dangerous and may even be fatal. Evacuate the area immediately if you smell gas. Once everyone is a safe distance from the scene, contact an HVAC repair technician to handle the problem safely.
- Strange noises: A strange noise from any type of machine or appliance tends to be an indicator that something is wrong. An odd sound could mean that a vital part has been damaged or that an important piece is no longer functioning properly. A professional will be able to easily identify the problem before making the necessary repairs.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to contact the professionals at American Refrigeration Inc. today. Our team is available for emergency commercial HVAC repair in Eugene, OR 24 hours a day, which means your customers will always be both safe and comfortable.