The dog days of summer have officially arrived. For many of us, that means beating the heat by staying inside where there’s AC! However, unless you’ve scheduled commercial HVAC services in Eugene, OR, your unit might not be ready to keep your business nice and cool for the remainder of the summer. Keep reading to learn all there is to know about air conditioner maintenance.
The benefits of maintenance
Springtime and early summer are the ideal times to have your unit maintained, but it’s never too late to pick up the phone and schedule a tune-up. Here are a few of the reasons why you should call today:
- Fewer breakdowns: Want to avoid paying a technician to fix your commercial AC each summer? Then have it tuned up every spring! A quick maintenance call can prevent breakdowns, which means you won’t have to waste money on repairs or suffer through the hot summer days without AC.
- Prolonged lifespan: Air conditioners should last at least 10 to 15 years, as long as they’re maintained every season. Neglecting to schedule yearly tune-ups almost guarantees that you’ll have to replace your commercial unit sooner rather than later. Though a maintenance call isn’t free, it’s much less expensive than paying for a brand-new AC!
- Warranty retention: Depending on the manufacturer of your system, you might have to schedule professional maintenance if you want to keep your unit under warranty. Most warranties stipulate that the unit must have a professional inspection or else the warranty is void.
What goes into maintenance?
Now that you know why it’s important, it may be helpful to understand what goes into an HVAC maintenance call. Here’s what our professionals do during a tune-up:
- Inspection: Your HVAC technician will first take a look at your system and see how everything is running. If there are any evident problems, he or she will be able to fix them before they end up breaking down in the middle of the summer, when you need your AC the most.
- Part replacement: Let’s hope that all of the components of your AC look good to go, but if they don’t, now is the time you’ll want them to be replaced. We may have to order special replacement parts, which don’t always arrive as quickly as everyone would like. But if you have the parts replaced in the spring, this shouldn’t matter as much, because you likely won’t need to be using your AC just yet.
- Filter change: The air filter is responsible for keeping dust, debris and other particles from entering the system and contaminating the air. As you can imagine, the filter gets pretty dirty pretty quickly! Your HVAC technician will replace the filter to ensure you have nice, clean air. Though your HVAC pro will change your filter during the tune-up, you can also do this yourself every month to ensure a fully-functioning unit.
If you haven’t already scheduled HVAC services in Eugene, OR, now is the time to do so. Pick up the phone and give American Refrigeration Inc. a call today to have your commercial AC unit inspected and tuned up.